Sunday 26 June 2011

The covenant of the ARC


So here it is, the summer hat, the draw and my scrawled note of the names in the order they came out of it! I'm delighted to announce that the winners of the ARC of The Lantern in America are as follows:

Lisa of Lesapea Musings
Catherine Stock
Carol Apple
BookBelle
Bunched Undies
Julia Munroe Martin

I will be in touch with each of you to arrange receipt of your books from HarperCollins.

In the meantime, I would just like to write a few words of immense gratitude to all of you who entered, as well as those who couldn't because you don't live in the USA. Since I started blogging at the very end of last year, I've been bowled over by all of you in the book blogging community, your generosity and support, all the wise words, and the great writing on your blogs, too numerous to mention individually. What did writers do to connect before the world wide web? Just sit at their desks in isolation and wish they were part of a literary salon? 

It's been an amazing discovery - you are amazing.  Thank you.

12 comments:

Julia Munroe Martin said...

SUCH exciting news to be one of the recipients of your book! I just started blogging 4 months ago, and I completely and totally agree that the connection with the writing community is the very best part of blogging and being on Twitter. I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to your book!

Anonymous said...

De rien, de rien... Nous sommes rouges de confusion.
Bon dimanche, Deborah!

Olga said...

It's always a great pleasure to have a glimpse of a writer's mind :)

Anonymous said...

I won! I won! It's the first ARC or giveaway that I've won. I'm so glad it was this one. Yay for me.

Belle

Unknown said...

Am watching the book review on More4 right now!! How exciting!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Bunched Undies said...

I won something? Amazing! Many thanks Deborah to you and Harper Collins. I'm very pleased and excited and looking forward to reading The Lantern!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations to the winners!!!

Muriel said...

Congratulations to the winners!

galant said...

I have just found your blog, linked from Friday's post by Cornflower's blog. How could I resist your book? It has now been ordered and I await its arrival. No doubt I shall look in again at your blog and in the meantime, I will scroll down and read earlier posts. So looking forward to reading The Lantern - only been once to France, but I can dream ...
Margaret P

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Thanks again. I can't wait to hold your book in my hands.

Lisa xx

Deb said...

Congratulations to the winners! I'll be at the bookstore in August, Deborah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...