Monday 1 July 2013

The Hungarian Lantern

 
 
July already - how can this be possible?! The weeks have flown by as I concentrated on the new novel, but The Lantern is still coming out in various translations. Here's the latest, in Hungarian, from the prestigious Budapest publishing house, Gabo.

I know some of you are as fascinated by book covers as I am, the way different countries use different marketing images for the same story, and this is an interesting one. It took me a while to work out that the night sky is actually an inverted lavender field. I do quite like it - it's definitely relevant to the novel, and the effect is weirdly creepy.

They've also played up a fantastic blurb quote from Tatiana de Rosnay, whose books are huge sellers all across Europe. This is what she wrote for the US and UK editions:

“I absolutely adored this beautifully written, modern Gothic novel, set in Provence, full of scents, colors and mystery. It will hook you in from the start and weave its dark, lush magic around you.
—Tatiana de Rosnay, author of Sarah's Key and A Secret Kept 
 
So, thanks again, Tatiana!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations, Deborah! Quite a cover. Love the concept of the sky as field of lavender.

Sara Louise said...

Wow, I've read Tatiana before, what a brilliant endorsement!
And I do think the cover is creepy. I never though lavender could look creepy but it sure does there.

Muriel said...

What a brilliant endorsement! So, when is the new book coming out? Do you have a date yet?

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Hi Muriel - the new book is listed on amazon.uk as a hardback this coming February. These things are never set in stone, but looks promising!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...