Friday 8 March 2013

The Chanel flower stall


Another week has vanished into the hard graft of writing for an end of March deadline...at times like this it feels there is no other life. So, as a treat this weekend, I'm going to pop up to London to see the Chanel flower stall at Covent Garden.

The chic white barrow - a nod to the market's past, when it was filled with flowers and fruit at dawn each day - is dressed with giant bottles of Chanel perfume and displays of the flowers whose scents are at the heart of classics such as No. 5 and No. 19, Coco, Coco Noir and Allure. There will be perfume experts on hand to explain how the different fragrances are built up from each flower base, and samples to play around with.


Apparently, there will even be some specially selected posies to buy. The Chanel stall is only there over the weekend (March 8 -10), so get there quick if it appeals. You'll find me swooning over the jasmine - that's the winning combination with rose that makes Chanel No.5 so beguiling.

8 comments:

K said...

Ohh how lovely! It's good to hear that your latest book is coming a long. Can't wait to read it.

Connie Keller said...

Gorgeous!

Yvonne Osborne said...

It certainly does appeal! We're still waiting for the first crocus to break winter's surface.

Lynne with an e said...

Sounds a treat and a half! #5 is still my perfume of preference.

Muriel said...

So you are back to the UK then, having to endure the freezing temperatures...I love Covent garden and didn't know about the Chanel stand. I will have to have a look!

Sara Louise said...

I got so excited when I saw this post because I thought the stall might have been here in Provence, but that was a silly thought. Oh well, it is gorgeous though!

Shelley said...

How beautiful. It's amazing how evocative an image can be. I can almost smell the perfume and flowers. Lovely pictures Deborah.

cathy jones said...

You are so descriptive that I can almost smell the flowers. Chanel was the first perfume my father bought for me as a teenager. The fragrance was unforgettable. Wonderful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...