Tuesday 28 July 2015

Quintessential Provence


After sweltering heat, a cool breeze is playing and the days are rolling by. I will try to write something more interesting soon, I promise, but for now I have been pottering around the garden. This pot of very fragrant lavender from Roussillon is perfect on the table under the olive tree in the courtyard.


In years gone by, the glossy-leaved Diamantina, with its never-ending profusion of white bell flowers has always done well up sunny walls here, and so I have high hopes for this one. On evenings when we have guests for dinner, I'll light the lanterns in the courtyard. It makes a magical setting.


One day, I fantasize, I will have a garden beyond as luxuriant as this one at the Chateau La Verrerie at Puget-sur-Durance.


3 comments:

Libby said...

J'ai envie…..j'ai envie!!!!!

Marcheline said...

I'm with Libby. Too lovely for words.

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Just found your blog after browsing through Pinterest photos of Lavender. I just love Lavender & the Provence . I know I'm going to like reading your posts. and will be having a peep at your recent book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...