Saturday 8 November 2014

A quiet hello


I'm still here, even if blog posts have been increasingly few and far between. I've been trying hard to keep up a business-as-usual front but it hasn't been the best of times, for quite a few reasons since the end of the summer. I usually try to give this blog a positive feel although - as I have sometimes reminded my fellow Francophiles and readers of my books - the pictures of Provence life and pleasure are true but not the whole story.

My return to England brought a major disappointment and a feeling of being badly let down. I'm not going to go into details here about this or the subsequent, ever harder, hammer blows that have fallen since. Suffice to say, this hasn't been a good year so far, and it's set to get worse. I'm sorry if a lack of proper explanation is teasingly unsatisfactory but I'm not someone who wears my heart on my sleeve in public and as all of this, one way and another, involves other people, I have to respect their privacy.

So I hope you will still check out this site from time to time. I will do what I can to put up some posts, and try to make them less dismal than this one, but at the moment this is the best I can do.

15 comments:

Gill Edwards said...

Deborah, I am so sorry to hear this. That makes answering my questions even lovelier of you if you were pre occupied, so a big thank you and I really hope whatever it is gets better, real soon

Gill x

Cornflower said...

Just echoing Gill - here's hoping things start to look up soon, Deborah.
x

Diana Wilder said...

As others have said, I am sorry to read that you have written. I am a very private person, like many others, but I can certainly assure you of my sympathy and support. I hope the smiles return.

Evelyn said...

It's hard to share when things aren't going well. Respecting your privacy and sending support your way.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Don't wish to intrude on your privacy. Just know I wish you the best during this difficult time.

Libby said...

Just know that we are all thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. I sincerely hope things brighten up very soon.

Bunched Undies said...

I'm sure whatever the challenges Deborah you will emerge stronger than ever. Take the time you need and post when you feel up to it. You have many fans and we will wait.

Muriel said...

I am very sorry that things are tough for you Deborah, and I hope that it gets better soon. If you are in town, I would love to invite you for a coffee to cheer you up! Take care. x

Yvonne Osborne said...

Hi Deborah,
I totally understand, also not being one to wear my heart on my sleeve. I always check on your blog periodically and will continue to do so and brighter times are ahead for all of us in 2015.

Anonymous said...

Dear Deborah, first comment but have followed your blog for some time, as I am interested to learn, from your British perspective, what it is really like to live in France. Especially Provence. I read " The lantern" during a particularly difficult time in my life. You might like to know that reading your novel helped greatly to distract me (if only temporarily) from an ongoing situation that caused me great pain, suffice to say! My symphaties Deborah, try to get above it all and remember, you are a writer, one day it will be fodder for a novel! Please, don't give up posting!
Anna.

Juliet said...

Thank you for your honesty and also integrity. Will pray for you and that somehow good will be redeemed out of the situation..

Marcheline said...

Deborah - hang in there, kid. Grit your teeth and tell yourself that this will suck, but will also eventually give you more great writing motivation later on. We're all pulling for you, and we will all be here when things look up again and you're back to blogging. Take care of you!

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Thank you all, my lovely blog friends. I really do appreciate your kind thoughts. There will come a point when I can let some light in on this, but for now I just have to keep going to deal with it. Don't worry, I am fine, in myself. With much love, D x

Anonymous said...

All the best! Appreciate your books and wonderful posts. :)

Marcheline said...

Wishing you a peaceful Yuletide.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...