Tuesday 3 June 2014

The finished article


Look what just arrived all the way from New York! Not matter how sure you are that you know what's in a package, it's still a thrill to open the box...to find finished copies of a new book.

 
I think it's gorgeous - my editor Jennifer Barth and everyone at HarperCollins US have done a magnificent job on The Sea Garden. I've said before how much I love the cover design. What you can't appreciate until you pick up the book is the loveliness of the quality of the paper, and the elegance of the chosen font for the words on the page - and the lustrous sheen of the dust jacket. There really is nothing like the feel and scent of a new printed book - though I know lots of readers adore their Kindles and Nooks, too.
 
Over and out from me for now (I am deep into the writing of the next one, and its pull is strong...) but watch this space for a giveaway of some signed copies from this very box coming your way soon.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Really lovely cover, Deborah. Congratulations. Hope it's a sell-out.

Gill Edwards said...

oh a huge congratulations Deborah, how thrilling for you. I'm keeping my eyes open for the giveaway.
Gill x

litlove said...

Looks gorgeous, Deborah! Many, many congratulations - can't wait to read it!

K said...

Congratulations!! I'm really looking forward to reading this. It's also great that you have already started on another project.

Sara Louise said...

I cannot even imagine how amazing it must feel to open that box!

Muriel said...

Congratulations, Deborah! I might be able to buy the book in the US as I will have to go there. I will keep you posted!

Marcheline said...

Someday, I hope to know that feeling.... many, many congratulations!! I just checked Amazon, and my copy is slated to be delivered on June 24... while I'm on vacation from work! I have just installed a hammock chair in my garden, and you know where I'll be, and what I'll be reading in it on my vacation!! WHOOOPEEEEEE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...