Tuesday 26 February 2013

At the writing desk

 
Perfect timing. As I sit resolutely at the desk this week, I am delighted to be able to direct you over to Cornflower Books, where I have been in discussion about the process: At the writing desk with...Deborah Lawrenson.
 
If you love book blogs and haven't yet discovered Cornflower, you are in for a treat. She always has an sumptuous array of books under discussion, new and old, as well as a home, craft and cookery blog illustrated with gorgeous photography. There's a great series of posts about Books and Cakes, in which she bakes to accompany her reading - very clever and inspiring. See for yourself! 
 
PS. In the interview, Cornflower asked for my advice to aspiring writers. "Never give up. Don't eat that cake," I offered. Clearly this is aspirational only. A real life interpretation is: "Don't eat that cake. Oops. Too late."  

3 comments:

Cornflower said...

Lovely to have you with us over at C. Books, Deborah!

Freda said...

I was actually writing and eating cake as I read it! I now have it written on a piece of paper by my desk... Am enjoying browsing your interesting site - thanks.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

I like your notebook idea. My ideas, smatterings of interesting tidbits, photos, and snippets are all mashed together in manilla folders. A notebook would be so much more elegant.

I, too, have not passed on cake nearly enough in my life. However, who can deny it's tasty goodness?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...