Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Some mystique at last...


Two new foreign editions of The Lantern have been published this month: the Czech and Slovak translations, both handled by the respected Prague publisher Fortuna Libri. Lucerna v temnotě (Lantern in the Dark) is the Czech title, and the simpler Lampa is the Slovak version. The two languages are different but inter-related. 

There's also an exceedingly fine cover, showing the facade of a very grand and desirable house - seriously, could you resist that house even if it was a step into the unknown?! But the best part for me is the name of the author: Lawrensonová. I like it. I may have to use it. "So...Mr Bond, do I surprise you...?"

7 comments:

Spangle said...

The house in the book cover looks so grand! I do prefer the UK version of the cover though.

louciao said...

And you look fabulous in that catsuit you bought to go with your new moniker.

Harvee Lau said...

That's a beautiful cover and I like your name in translation!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations on these new editions. I love that cover - very stylish. And best of luck with your new career as a Bond girl!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Lovely. And I agree, love the translation of your last name. Gratulujeme! Or at least I hope that says congratulations in Czech. I used Google translate, so one never knows...

Helen Smith said...

Congratulations!

Sara Louise said...

That's so funny that they changed your name like that! And you definitely need to be stroking a menacing looking cat sitting on your lap, with a last name like that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...